Friday, February 22, 2008

Young Knitters


My nieces are on mid-winter break, so I watched all three girls today. I had my knitting stuff with me, and was working on a sweater. They wanted to learn how to knit so I got some needles and spare yarn, and gave a knitting lesson. Jessica didn't last long, but Katie took right to it. She spent most of the day working on her project. It was amazing that she sat still for that long. She eventually wants to make a blanket for her Webkins.


Katie working on her project.

2 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Yeah! I love to see those two young girls learning to knit!! Isn't it great that it appealed to the one, she will probably always love it now.
Good for you for teaching!
Smiles, Karen

The Wright 5 said...

Yup thats my sister (well, Katie) for some reason she sat still for 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!! I cannot do that (knowing me). Jessica